DESIGNED FOR BEAUTY. BUILT FOR SECURITY.
Exceptional safety, durability, and sophistication; our Security Shutters offer both security and style. The aluminium louvres fit snugly to provide privacy and light block when desired, and, when opened, allow in natural light.
With our Security Shutters installed, there is no need for burglar bars and traditional security gates. The range can be custom-made to fit a wide range of door and window formats and are available in a variety of finishes.
Gold Member of SASA
SECURITY MATTERS, BUT DON’T COMPROMISE ON STYLE.
There are many effective security barriers on the market, but only a few that look as good as they work. Opposed to rugged burglar bars and security gates, AMERICAN shutters’ aluminium Security Shutters have a sophisticated and refined style.
Strength and security are the hallmarks of our built-to-last security shutters. Suitable for both doors and windows, these custom-made aluminium louvred shutters are built for security and boast some impressive patented built-in strengthening and safety features.
- The attention to detail is stand-alone in the market; from the tamper-proof anti-corrosion aluminium hinges to the top and bottom locking rod and strip-proof Italian locks.
- Hidden in the aluminium framework, the ‘Gear Tilt’ system is unique to AMERICAN shutters. This system nullifies the need for unsightly tilt rods allowing unobstructed views between the louvres.
- The new system has undergone stringent tests and the results prove consistent, efficient, smooth and problem-free operation. Tests simulated daily opening and closing of the louvres over a ten-year period.
- Locally manufactured from architectural grade aluminium, the shutters are suitable for interior as well as exterior use, perfect for South African conditions.
MATERIAL AND CONSTRUCTION
Our durable intruder resistant Security Shutters are made from powder-coated architectural grade aluminium that is 100% recyclable, and is available in three shutter configurations; Hinged, Bi-fold and By-pass.
An extremely strong shutter panel assembly, tamper proof aluminium hinges, long-lasting stainless-steel fixings (screws / bolts etc), strip proof Italian locks and a 10mm locking rod engaging simultaneously at the top and bottom ensures your safety.
Each interleafed louvre is secured on both sides to the internal framework of the shutter and can remain open once the shutter panel is locked in place using a key turn.
- Italian made strip proof locks.
- Choice to have a unique key shutter installation (per window or door in the house), or the same key to open all shutters.
- Option for the lock to be accessible from both sides of the shutters, to be used on external access doors.
- Pull handle option for easy opening or stacking of the shutters.
- Double throw, locking up and down with one action.
- Maintenance-free finish
- Control light, noise and temperature
- Suitable for interior or exterior use
- Durable and robust
- Medium and high security locking options
- Surface or flush bottom track available
- Full range of applications, Hinged, stacking (Bi-fold) & sliding (By-pass)
- 3 Standard finishes, as well as non-standard finishes, to suit your taste and style
- Colour-coded end caps on stiles and louvres
- A 5-year colour-fast warranty on the product
- 85% to 95% light block
- Aluminium Shutters don’t offer total block-out; the amount of block-out depends on the type of installation
|Louvre size (mm)||89|
|Minimum Height (mm’s per panel)||550|
|Maximum Height – Hinged (mm)||3100|
|Maximum Height – Bi-Fold (mm)||2900|
|Maximum Height – By-Pass (mm)||3100|
|Minimum Width (mm’s per panel)||300|
|Maximum Width Hinged (mm’s per panel)||900|
|Maximum Width Double-Hinged (mm’s per panel)||500|
|Maximum Width Bi-Fold (mm’s per panel)||700|
|Maximum Width By-Pass (mm’s per panel)||1050|
|Mid Rail Required if Height > (mm)||1900|